Each ledger in your team is a discrete, append-only, cryptographically linked system of record.
You will likely create many ledgers to support your development process. For example, you may have the following ledgers in your team:
- Production —
- Staging —
- Alice's development ledger —
- Bob's development ledger —
Create a ledger
To create a ledger, visit your team dashboard and select the "Ledgers" tab in the team navigation bar and click the "New" button.
You will be asked to choose a name composed of letters, numbers and hyphens. The name must be unique within your team.
During the Developer Preview of Sequence, you can only create ledgers in development mode. These should not be used for production.
After the Developer Preview, we will enable production mode.
Reset a ledger
Since a ledger is append-only, you cannot edit transactions once they have been created. However, during development, you can easily reset all data in a ledger by visiting the team dashboard or using the SDK.
To reset a ledger via the team dashboard:
- Select the "Ledgers" tab in the team navigation bar
- Click the ledger you want to reset to view the ledger page
- Select the "Settings" tab in the ledger navigation bar
- Scroll down to the "Reset Ledger" section
Resetting will delete all keys, assets, accounts, and transactions in the ledger.